Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Green Epiphany

OK, this is anecdotal. I want to share something that happened to me last week that I think I just figured out.

Excuse me for the graphic description here, but POOP happens! I had two days of bowel movements that were deep GREEN. Completely. Like nothing I had ever seen before. Startling, to say the least. Sometimes, there will be bits of green here and there, but this was like it was dyed!
I'm not obssesive over my bowels, but I DO tend to pay more attention, since the bout with colon cancer.

A few days later, I was browsing through some general information, when this caught my eye:

"Dandelion also cleanses the blood and liver, and increases bile production."

The light bulb went on. That green was exactly the color of bile! With some further searching, I read about how during a liver detox the bile ducts become unblocked, releasing many many very small stones, allowing the bile to flow freely from it's blocked up tubes.

So. I THINK, that all my dandelion noshing has inadvertantly achieved something I had long fretted over (liver detox). I have always "felt" that my liver needed more support. But, I was never inclined to go through the somewhat strenuous detox regime I had read about in many places.

And here's another interesting (at least to me) piece of a puzzle. I noticed I immediately felt better. I had more vim and vigor, and no more waking up nauseated as I have been for several months.

I had actually researched gall bladder symptoms during that period of time, because I'm familar with some of them and I seemed to have been manifesting a few. I didn't think I had gall stones, but the story on gall stones was incomplete. It's like they magically appear in the gallbladder, when in reality they start in the liver. So maybe the abdominal pain and nausea I've been experiencing for quite a bit, were caused by the bile situation in the liver?

There! More than you ever wanted to know about my plumbing!

If just EATING DANDELIONS could achieve even a limited measure of freeing the bile flow, giving me relief and better digestive health, I'll KEEP EATING DANDELIONS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment